Trustees Schedule Workshop Meeting
April 25, 2017
The Trustees has scheduled a workshop meeting for Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. to discuss the Township’s Employee Wellness Program for 2017. If anyone is interested in attending the workshop it will be held at the Government Center, 3510 Sudachi Drive, Dayton, OH 45414.
How to Dispose of Yard Waste
April 10, 2017
Although Butler Township no longer offers a brush drop-off program, you do have options for disposing of all types of yard waste. Here’s what you need to know:
• Yard waste may be disposed of in any type of trash bag, although each household with “regular service” is limited to a total of six bags or containers per week. The six may be comprised of any combination of trash and yard waste, as long as the six-container limit per week is not exceeded.
• For “low-volume service” customers, yard waste must be co-mingled and fit inside the 35-gallon trash container.
• Limbs and brush must be bundled and tied into 4-foot x 2-foot bundles for regular service.
• Low volume-service customers must put limbs in their low volume trash container.
Montgomery County Solid Waste District Transfer and Recycling Facility
• Montgomery County residents must show proof of residence
• Disposal of clean, debris-free yard waste, limbs and brush, loose or in plastic bags, is free of charge.
• Location: 1001 Encrete Ln., Moraine.
• Website: www.mcswd.org
• Hours of operation for yard waste: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.; closed Sunday.
Harris Sod and Seed
• Accepts small branches and limbs
• Location: 8890 Dog Leg Rd., Dayton
• Phone: 937-890-1783
Butler Township turns 200 this year!
March 29, 2017
Butler Township turns 200 years old this year – Join us in the Celebrations at the following community wide events:
Air Show Parade – Friday, June 23 at 7 p.m.
Star Spangled Celebration – Monday, July 3 at 7 p.m.
Cruise-In to Butler Township – Saturday, August 12 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
National Night Out – Tuesday, August 1 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Historical Society Log Cabin Dedication – Sunday, September 17 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Butler Township Bicentennial Festival – Thursday, October 8 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Aullwood Farm
Carbon Monoxide Detectors Available for Residents
The Dayton Firefighters Federal Credit Union has donated 50 carbon monoxide detectors to the Butler Township Fire Department. Because of this great donation the Fire Department will be offering these carbon monoxide detectors free to their residence on a first come first serve basis. If you are in need of a carbon monoxide detectors please contact the on-duty supervisor at 937-890-2491 to make sure there are still detectors available.
Accepting Applications for Code Enforcement Officer
March 20, 2017
BUTLER TOWNSHIP, Montgomery County, Ohio, is seeking an innovative, energetic person to serve as a Code Enforcement Officer which would perform duties necessary to enforce the provision of various codes, rules and regulations adopted by the Township. The Code Enforcement Officer is responsible for all residential and commercial regulations under the Butler Township Zoning Resolution and Property Maintenance Code.
Candidate must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent or completion of trade or technical school and have 2 years of related experience in planning, zoning, code enforcement, law enforcement, building inspection, construction, or similar field.
The Code Enforcement position is part-time at 20-25 hours per week. Hours are flexible, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The starting hourly rate is $13.00-$15.00 per hour, depending upon qualifications.
Please submit an application, resume and cover letter to Erika Vogel, Township Administrator, at email@example.com or mail to Butler Township Government Center, 3510 Sudachi Drive, Dayton, Ohio 45414.
Click here for Employment Application